Two guys drinking beer ;-)


Paavo with his friend Esa-Pekka Salonen backstage after one of the Baltic Sea concerts (Photo: Mary Ellyn Hutton)

Our friend, Cincinnati Post music critic Mary Ellyn Hutton sends word that she snapped this picture which she calls "two guys drinking beer" while visiting Stockholm to write about the Baltic Sea Festival for Musical America.com. She writes: "It was quite a phenomenon though it rained buckets most of the time. Believe it or not, I was the only music critic there from the entire Western Hemisphere. I was shocked, actually. Press was mostly from Sweden with a few from Russia, Germany, Austria, Holland and one from Portugal. I guess it is far away and Americans are loathe to travel now (???). [My husband] John and I are addicted and figure when our number is up, it will be up. At least we will die happy." And, we may add, having heard a lot of fine music, too.

Comments

Popular Posts