With apologies to Robert Ashley and Music with Roots in the Aether

As the late Ronald Reagan once famously said to Mikhail Gorbachev, "Trust, but verify." Well, I'd certainly like to be able to verify this information, but, after waiting a significant of amount of time for a denial, all I can report now remains a rumor for the moment, thanks to my spies in Germany!

"I am working in the Alte Oper concerthall in Frankfurt and I have heard rumours from many musicians, that Paavo will be the next chief-conductor of the Radio-Sinfonie-Orchester Frankfurt. There was also a note of this rumour in Frankfurt's important newspaper FAZ. It is said that they made the contract ready in last December. At the moment there's Hugh Wolffconducting, but he is leaving the orchestra in Summer 2007."
 
If anyone out there could send me a copy of the FAZ article referred to in the message above, I would dearly love to have it! Write to me!!

Comments

Popular Posts